Sunday, January 3, 2010

Where's George Costanza When You Need Him?


I heard someone say the other day: "If everything you do is turning out wrong, then don't do that anymore." I guess it's like the old doctor joke: "Doc, it hurts when I do this..." And the doc replies: "Then don't do that..." It sounds simple enough. Basically if you don't like your life, chance it. Hmmm. It's true that my favorite Seinfeld episode is the one where George Costanza is so fed up with his life that he decides to do the opposite. And it worked!

To do the opposite to what we are used to actually takes work. It feels uncomfortable. I know I want to change for the better. I just have to break through the wall of uncertainty. Like the story of the two unborn babies in the womb. One says: "I can't wait to get out of here..." the other says: "Why? I like it here...three squares and a cot..." the other says: "But there must be a better place than this, I feel so cramped!!! and the other: "But what if in this other place...it's hell...and life is hard and there's less room then this..?" his brother says: "I'll take my chances...I have to grow..."

I have a lot of stories today. But stories are just stories. It's time to make the necessary changes for greater happiness and awareness. I mean, that's why we are here in the first place, isn't it? I should hope so. But I come from a long line of "womb dwellers," so it won't be as easy as I hope it will be. Or maybe it will...I mean, once I take away the excuses. Happy 2010 to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment