Friday, December 25, 2009

Rebuilding The Brain For Success...


I watched an interesting show on CNN the other night that dealt with "life after death." What was so interesting to me was not the topic of the show, but a comment made by one of its panelists, namely Deepak Chopra. He was arguing with a "skeptic" about the man's inability to process the concept of "life after death" by saying: "A kitten raised in a horizontal room will think the world is horizontal, and a kitten raised in a vertical room will only see the world as vertical." This wasn't the kitten's opinion, but the way the kitten's brain was formed from his learning experience. To change his thoughts of the world, the kitten would have to do nothing less than change the configuration of his brain. No shit...

Those that have dabbled with the book "The Secret" know that it is basically telling you the same thing: Change the way you think, and you will see the world differently, perhaps for the better if you choose to. Well I am here to say it's easier said then done. I sometimes feel my brain configuration has been dipped in epoxy and "there ain't no way I'm gonna change it." But I'm trying. Trying to feel more positive about my life in this world and what I do in it. Trying to free myself up to the fact that I should actually be making a lot more money for what I do. Trying to give myself permission to be successful, to be in love... I do not sabotage, but I tent to lose focus...

????

(what was I saying?)

No wonder a good number of people hate each other... This guy wasn't in my room... His culture wasn't there anyway...so it can't be right... All these things--this religion, that color..those sounds...they weren't in my room...when my brain configuration was being constructed--you know, so...what's it doing in my world now??? That kind of woman? She wasn't in my room, why should--could--she be there now???

This year has to be different... It has to be. I'm trying to change those horizontal and vertical lines into some sort of successful plaid. Or maybe my new room won't have any walls... maybe rubber walls... I don't know... I don't... But a change...she's a coming... 2010 can't come fast enough...2012...???? Now that's another story...

No comments:

Post a Comment